On Friday night, Pat Nugent and his lady friend, Amanda “Hugandkiss”, came to visit us. We ate steaks for dinner. While we cooked steaks, Jason and I tried to knock cans off of lawn furniture with a football. It was a lot harder than expected, and I got 5 ticks on me chasing the ball. Then we played some crazy game called catchphrase. We ended up playing for hours; it was much more fun than anticipated. The girls cheated their way to victory.
We went to bed wicked late so we all slept in the next morning, except Jeanette. We had free bagels for breakfast, including French toast bagels. Then we went to the beach and played football. I actually went in the cold ocean water, but Jason did not, even though he acts tough and has a Mohawk. We buried Lincoln the dog and Jeanette the lady in the sand up to their necks. We had a late lunch at the Duck Deli BBQ restaurant. The food wasn't as good as the Dinosaur, but nothing to complain about. Then we were dragged to some stores and to get some ice cream from a shop called “I scream, you scream”. We went to a very nice lighthouse that was unfortunately closed. Sarah and Jeanette wouldn’t hop the fence, but everyone else did and got some nice pictures. We watched the sunset and went back to the house. We bought some glue and Jason and I got real Mohawks. We had venison burgers courtesy of Pat. He actually shot the buck. Since dinner was late, we played a quick game of catchphrase for some revenge and went to bed soon there after.
This morning we had grits, steak, and eggs for breakfast. It was like being at Crackerbarrel. Jeanette and I took a stroll down the beach, and then we came back to meet up with everyone else. We played Pro Kadima (paddle ball to common folk) for a while. Jeanette was the best at Pro Kadima. I dove into the ocean again while Jeanette took a nap on the beach. We had a quick lunch, jumped in the hot tub, and then learned how to pitch a tent. I got my head buzzed the rest of the way since a Mohawk is too much work. We went back out to the beach for Pro Kadima round deuce. We started to get dinner together by making chocolate chip cookies. We also had some calamari, shrimp cocktail, and cheese whiz (for Jeanette, courtesy of her work buddies). Jason prepared kabobs with tuna, shrimp, and bacon wrapped scallops while others cleaned the house.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment